Altes Rathaus, Vienna

Vienna, Austria

Altes Rathaus, Vienna

The Alte Rathaus (Old Council House) is a building in central Vienna, located at Wipplingerstraße 8, 1st District.

After several rebuildings, its exterior is now in the style of Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach, although the official rooms are in the Baroque style and some Gothic elements are still recognisable. The entrance gate dates to 1700. The courtyard contains the 1741 Andromeda Fountain designed by Georg Raphael Donner, whilst behind the courtyard is the 14th century Gothic Sankt Salvator church. The council chamber was redesigned between 1851 and 1853 by the Viennese architect Ferdinand Fellner the Elder.



Accommodations near Altes Rathaus, Vienna

View more options near Altes Rathaus, Vienna0

Nearby Tours & Activities