Biblioteca Santiago Severín is a public library located in Valparaiso, Chile. It was the first public library created with the consent of the Chilean government and was established on February 27, 1873. It holds 80,000 volumes. The current building was built between 1912 and 1919, was damaged during the February 27, 2010 earthquake and later restored. It was declared National Monument in 1998.