Nożyk Synagogue

Warsaw, Poland

Nożyk Synagogue

8.2

The Nożyk Synagogue (Polish: Synagoga Nożyków) is the only surviving prewar Jewish house of prayer in Warsaw, Poland. It was built in 1898-1902 and was restored after World War II. It is still operational and currently houses the Warsaw Jewish Commune, as well as other Jewish organizations.

Before World War II the Jewish community of Warsaw, one of the largest Jewish communities in the world at that time, had over 400 houses of prayer at its disposal. However, at the end of 19th century only two of them were separate structures, while the rest were smaller chapels attached to schools, hospitals or private homes.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info



Accommodations near Nożyk Synagogue

View more options near Nożyk Synagogue

Nearby Tours & Activities