Wonnerup House

Wonnerup, Australia

Wonnerup House

9.8

link http://nationaltrust.org.au/

phone  97522039

Wonnerup House is a heritage-listed farm precinct in Wonnerup, Western Australia. The current house was built in 1859 by George Layman Jr., one year after the original house built in 1837 by his father, George Layman Sr., was destroyed by fire. The dairy and kitchen survived the fire because they were separate from the house. Stables and a blacksmith workshop were later additions to the farm. In the 1870s, when the lack of a school in Wonnerup was an issue for the local residents, George Layman Jr. donated land near Wonnerup House for a school, which was built in 1873. In 1885 a teacher's house was constructed. The precinct was purchased by the National Trust of Australia in 1971 and opened to the public in 1973.

Opening times

Monday10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
TuesdayClosed
WednesdayClosed
Thursday10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Friday10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Sunday10:00 AM – 4:00 PM