St Mary the Virgin, Wotton-under-Edge

Wotton under Edge, United Kingdom

St Mary the Virgin, Wotton-under-Edge

One of the oldest churches in its area, St Mary's was consecrated on 19 August 1283 by Bishop of Worcester, Godfrey Giffard. It is believed that most of the church as it is today was completed in 1325, some 171 years after its first recorded vicar, Gerinus, in 1154. It is one of six churches in the town of Wotton-under-Edge in Gloucestershire.

The sacristy was built in the 1830s and contains charity boards that were originally from the galleries, located at the west end of the church. The sacristy contains clothing for the acolytes and minister, as well as other items used within the service.



Accommodations near St Mary the Virgin, Wotton-under-Edge

View more options near St Mary the Virgin, Wotton-under-Edge0

Nearby Tours & Activities