Hovhannes Tumanyan Puppet Theatre of Yerevan

Yerevan, Armenia

Hovhannes Tumanyan Puppet Theatre of Yerevan

Officially the Yerevan State Puppet Theatre named after Hovhannes Tumanyan (Armenian: Երևանի Հովհաննես Թումանյանի անվան Պետական Տիկնիկային Թատրոն (Yerevani Hovhannes T'umanyani anvan Petakan Tiknikayin T'atron)), is a puppet theatre in Yerevan, Armenia. It was opened on 1 June 1935 by director Sofia Bejanyan, painter Gevorg Arakelyan, actors Pavlos Boroyan and Araksia Arabyan. The first director of the theatre was Varia Stepanyan. Later in 1938, the theatre was renamed after Hovhannes Tumanyan.

Between 1950 and 1957 the theatre was closed. However, on 27 July 1957, the theatre was reopened and Yervand Manaryan became the director. Since 1975, the theatre is operating in its current location on Sayat-Nova Avenue.



Accommodations near Hovhannes Tumanyan Puppet Theatre of Yerevan

View more options near Hovhannes Tumanyan Puppet Theatre of Yerevan0

Nearby Tours & Activities