Yerevan History Museum

Yerevan, Armenia

Yerevan History Museum

The Yerevan History Museum (Armenian: Երևանի Պատմության Թանգարան (Yerevani Patmut'yan T'angaran)) is the history museum of Yerevan, the capital city of Armenia. The museum was founded in 1931 as the Communal Museum. Currently, the museum is located in a building attached to the Yerevan City Hall. The architect of the building was Jim Torosyan.

Beginning in 1931, the museum was located in two rooms on the second floor of the Yerevan Fire Department building, and in 1936, it moved to the Blue Mosque (Gyoy-Djami). From 1994 to 1997, the museum was located in the former Hripsime Female Gymnasium. From 1997 to 2005, the museum functioned in one of the buildings of the school N1 named after Stepan Shahoumian. In 2005, the museum was established in a new building; it forms an architectural complex together with Yerevan City Hall.



Accommodations near Yerevan History Museum

View more options near Yerevan History Museum0

Nearby Tours & Activities