Serbian Orthodox Cathedral, Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Serbian Orthodox Cathedral, Zagreb

Zagreb Orthodox Cathedral or Cathedral of the Transfiguration of the Lord (Serbo-Croatian: Храм преображења Господњег, Hram preobraženja Gospodnjeg) is a Serbian Orthodox Cathedral located on the Petar Preradović Square in Zagreb, Croatia. It was built in 1865–66 according to designs of architect Franjo Klein. It is ecclesiastically part of the Metropolitanate of Zagreb and Ljubljana and its cathedral.

A wooden Catholic church dedicated to St. Marguerite was located on the place of the modern day cathedral in the 14th century. The church was restored in the 16th and 17th century. Between 1372 and the 19th century, the annual St. Marguerite fair was organized on the square. In the 18th century the church was burned down in a fire and in its place a new one was built with bulbous steeple.



Accommodations near Serbian Orthodox Cathedral, Zagreb

View more options near Serbian Orthodox Cathedral, Zagreb0

Nearby Tours & Activities